How to Order
If you would like to discuss a case, request a quotation or place an order, please feel free to call us on either 0131 516 9366 or 0131 240 1280.
Please return the completed downloaded form by either;
- a) e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- b) fax to 0871 231 1282 or
- c) mail to Complement Genomics Ltd (dadcheck®scotland), 93 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 3ES.
Please call us if you require complex relationship and immigration DNA testing.
We will confirm any order with a transaction summary and will generally dispatch kits to the addresses you designate within 24 hours of receipt of the order and all of the correct details. Upon receipt of all of the case samples back into our laboratory we will begin the DNA profiling experiment, which on average takes about 5 – 10 working days to complete.
If you or any other firm has applied or is intending to apply for Legal Aid, then you must let us know at the point of order.
We will send an appropriate invoice at the time or ordering and can take payment by bank transfer, cheque, debit or credit card.
Choice of a DNA testing company
As most people will be searching for a DNA testing supplier using the Internet, it will become apparent that there are many entities purporting to supply this type of service. There are a variety of business models and in the past there has been adverse publicity concerning certain DNA testing companies.
It is therefore vitally important that you select, on behalf of your clients a reputable and accredited company, who thoroughly understands this technology (and its limitations) and is prepared to offer you on time, high quality service, backed up by robust science.
- a) A fully accredited UK-based service. This means we hold ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation standard for our laboratories.
- For any cases involving parties from England and Wales, please note we are recognised by the Ministry of Justice as a body that may carry out parentage tests directed by the civil courts of England and Wales under section 20 of the Family Law Reform Act 1969.
- We are not a reseller/broker/middleman and never send samples overseas or to other laboratories for processing. In coming to us, you will be dealing directly with the UK laboratory and UK customer services.
- b) Highly recommended by our existing clients. We have worked with many of our clients for over a decade and much of our new business is by referral.
- c) Run by Ms Louise Allcroft and Dr Neil Sullivan, two highly experienced genetics professionals who instill into the company its core values of quality, scientific excellence and responsive customer service.
- Ms Allcroft has a B.Sc. in Cellular and Developmental Genetics from the University of Leicester and a M.Sc. in Medical Genetics from the University of Newcastle. She is the designated Quality Manager.
- Dr Neil Sullivan has a B.Sc. in Biochemistry with Chemistry from the University of Southampton, an MBA from Imperial College, an LLM in Commercial Law from the University of Northumbria and a PhD in Molecular Genetics from the University of Edinburgh.
- He has many original research publications and two books to his name. In particular, he carried out original research into the law surrounding consent (with special reference to the Human Tissue Act 2004) as part of his postgraduate research for the LLM.
- A dedicated project manager for all paternity and other biological relationship (DNA).
- A free 15 minute discussion of the case parameters with one of our human identity testing experts including advice with regards to consent.
- Co-ordination of DNA sample collection for all cases, including buccal swabs and deceased persons.
- Liaison with other parties (such as legal firms and barristers, Health Centres, GP’s, Coroners, Local Authorities, Social Workers).
- Sampling kits generally dispatched within 24 hours of ordering.
- Adherence to court and hearing dates.
- Accelerated processing of cases through our Premium Service – results within 24 or 72hrs (from receipt of samples into our facilities).
- The opportunity to work with you for Scottish Legal Aid cases.
Resources for solicitors
Have a question?Send us a message.
Our award winning customer service team will be pleased to help you.